Preparing for carpet installation
- Installing new carpeting is a major construction project, so be prepared for what comes with the construction process. Children and pets should not be present during your installation.
- Installations with cause odors and fumes and may create dust. If you suffer from allergies, it's best to avoid the installation area.
- The installation area should be enclosed.
- Make sure wet installation-related tasks are finished before installation day.
- Electrical outlets will need to be used for the installation.
- Furniture and appliances may need to be moved. If Atlanta Flooring Design installers perform appliance moving services, they will reconnect water lines but cannot be held responsible should leaks occur or for the appliance's operation. Any gas appliance with a shutoff valve can be disconnected and moved/replaced, but installers are prohibited from reconnecting the gas line.
- Move precious items to a safe place.
- Installers may remove interior doors for the installation but will put them on when finished.
- Clear out all furniture that needs to be moved.
- Completely drain waterbeds and empty aquariums and prepare to be moved.
- Disassemble any electronic devices.
- If the existing carpet is saturated from pet urine or other objectionable materials or contains insect infestation, the customer will be in charge of removal.
- Baseboards and other painting projects will be the customer's responsibility when the installation is finished.
During & after carpet installation
- Atlanta Flooring Design requests that you keep children and pets from the installation area.
- Have an adult over the age of 18 available to our crew on installation day.
- Keep the temperature in the installation area between 60 and 80 degrees.
- If the subfloor is damaged before installation, the customer will be responsible for maintenance.
- Atlanta Flooring Design will not repair squeaky subfloors or wall structures.
- Atlanta Flooring Design is not responsible for asbestos, mold, or building code violations.
After your installation
- Do a complete and thorough inspection of the job with the installer before they leave.
- Assist in the final placement of furniture if Atlanta Flooring Design is responsible for moving and replacing furniture.
- Enjoy your new flooring, and if there are any questions or concerns, please contact your sales associate at 770-476-8306.