Preparing for carpet installation
- Installing new carpeting is a construction project, so be prepared for some noise and strong odors during the process. Make sure your pets and small children are attended to and are in a safe place away from the work area. If there are those that have respiratory considerations or are sensitive to dust and other allergens, it is recommended that they avoid the construction area altogether until work and clean-up are completed.
- The installation area must be completely enclosed with all doors and windows in place. It is also preferred that heating and air-conditioning is fully operational for at least 24 hours before flooring installation.
- All wet construction processes such as paint, drywall, or plaster should be completed well before installation.
- Electricity is available for tools and equipment that may be necessary.
- Special arrangements need to be made to move dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, washers/dryers, stoves, other major appliances, or large equipment. If Atlanta Flooring Design installers perform appliance moving services they will reconnect water lines, but cannot be held responsible should leaks occur or for the operation of the appliance. Any gas appliance with a shutoff valve can be disconnected and moved/replaced, but installers are prohibited from reconnecting the gas line.
- Ensure that all electronics, grandfather clocks, pool tables or antiques, and other large items are moved to a safe place. These items can be moved with prior arrangements with Atlanta Flooring Design Center.
- Installers may remove interior doors during the installation and will re-hang them if possible. It is your responsibility to trim doors and re-hang if re-sizing is necessary.
- Secure all personal items and valuables.
- Clear the tops of all dressers, desks, chests, or other furniture items of all objects and items. Make sure shelves, hutches, and bookcases are emptied and glass shelves are removed.
- Completely drain waterbeds.
- Empty aquariums and prepare to be moved.
- Disassemble all electronics, including all TVs, computers, sound systems, and other electronic devices.
- Identify any hidden wiring for electronics or security systems and relay that information to the installation crew or your sales associate in advance.
- If the existing carpet is saturated from pet urine or other objectionable materials or contains insect infestation, the customer will be responsible for flooring removal or may be subject to additional fees.
- Please understand that painted baseboards, woodwork, and painted areas may need retouching after the installation is complete and is solely the customer's responsibility.
During & after carpet installation
- Atlanta Flooring Design requests that you keep children and pets away from the installation area.
- Have an adult over the age of 18 that can act as a decision-maker on-site at all times unless previous arrangements have been made with the sales associate.
- Keep the temperature in the installation area between 60 and 80 degrees.
- Should there be concealed damage to subfloors discovered after removal of existing flooring, additional work may be required. Because this can only be determined after removal, there may be additional charges for repair of or replacement of subfloor that will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
- It is not the responsibility of the installer or Atlanta Flooring Design to repair squeaky subfloors or wall structures.
- Atlanta Flooring Design is not responsible for any problems that may arise due to pre-existing structural or other conditions such as asbestos, mold, or building code violations.
After your installation
- Do a complete and thorough inspection of the job with the installer before they leave.
- Assist in the final placement of furniture if Atlanta Flooring Design was responsible for moving and replacement of furniture.
- Enjoy your new flooring and if there are any questions or concerns, please contact your sales associate at 770-476-8306.