- The installation site must be totally enclosed, with outside windows, doors, and thresholds all in place. It is also recommended that all drywall and plasterwork be complete well before installation.
- It is preferable to have your air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems in working order and that electricity is available before installation.
- Arrangements must be made to move refrigerators and freezers, stoves, washers/dryers, pool tables, pianos, electronics, grandfather clocks, exercise equipment, and antiques before installation. Atlanta Flooring Design installers will not move these items without prior arrangements. Please make sure you consult with sales associates about any special needs.
- Atlanta Flooring Design Centers can and will disconnect gas lines, but will not reconnect; this is the responsibility of the homeowner to contact a licensed professional to handle.
- Please be sure that there is a clear path through the home to the installation area for easy access.
- Make sure all shelves, bookcases, cabinets, and other furniture pieces are emptied.
- Clear out closets and storage areas where material may be installed.
- Put away and secure all personal items and valuables.
- Remove pictures and any decorative artwork from the walls.
- Empty aquariums or have them moved prior to an installation date.
- Disassemble all computers and electronic systems and move away from the installation area.
- Identify the locations of any and all wires, including security systems.
- Have an adult (over the age of 18) with decision-making authority on hand unless other arrangements have been made with Atlanta Flooring Design Centers.
- Make sure that all pets and young children are kept away from the installation for their safety and well-being.
- Be sure the temperature in the installation area remains between 60 and 80 degrees.
- Atlanta Flooring Design Centers can’t be responsible for any damage resulting from items coming apart when being moved or being improperly secured prior to being moved.
- We cannot be responsible for any pre-existing damage or structural issues such as asbestos, mold, insect infestation, or water damage. Any additional work that may be needed for correction of these issues is the sole responsibility of the homeowner.
- If needed, our installers will remove and reset doors, but are not responsible for shaving them.
- It is not the installer’s responsibility to fix any squeaks in the subfloor.
After installation is completed
- Please be sure you thoroughly inspect your installation with your installer to be sure you are satisfied before they leave.
- Complete any touch up painting that may be required on doors and walls.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer‘s recommendations for care and maintenance. If you have not received warranty or care and maintenance instructions please contact your sales consultant and they will provide you with the needed paperwork. Enjoy your new flooring!