How to care for your vinyl floor
Follow the following guidelines to ensure your vinyl floors age well.
- Address spills and messes as they occur. Most vinyl or resilient floors are not affected by household spills: however, any spill should be cleaned immediately. The longer the spill is left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining the floor. For information regarding the proper method or solution to use on a specific stain, please contact your Atlanta Flooring Design Sales Associate.
- Wash your floor occasionally with a manufacturer-approved solution.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum your floor as needed based on foot-traffic.
- Use unknown cleaners or products on your vinyl floors without consulting your manufacturer
- Opt for abrasive cleaning products
- Allow water to pool on your floors
- Use polishes of an unknown origin
- Use a vacuum with a beater bar
Immediately after installation
- Keep your room temperature between 65 and 85 degrees
- Keep furniture off your floors for at least 24 hours
- For vinyl, allow seams to dry for 8 hours after install
- Use a mop or cloth to wipe away lingering dirt from installation
Proactive protection for your floor
- Purchase protectors to place on the bottom of your furniture.
- If moving appliances, place plywood on the floor to slide them across if you cannot lift them.
- Place mats at he entrances of your home and encourage guests to remove their shoes so that dirt, dust, and other debris do not track into your home.